This building, built in Zaandijk around 1660, is named after the first owner - d'Mol (which means "the Mole" in English) family.
Their coat of arms (a mole) is carved into the lintel above the front door. In the 19th century the Honig family took up residence here.
Honig was a major producer of honey in the Netherlands, and that explains the carved beehive on top of the dormer window.
'T KOOPMANSHUYS D'MOL A1795 - Merchant house the Mole, in the year 1795