The house attached to the workshop dates from 1743. The lower part of the building used to be the workshop, in which the 'hairs' for the oil-mills were made. A 'hair' was a horse hair mat in a leather cover. The Haremaker family, named after the occupation, used to live in the house.
On the front of the house it mentions "Klaas Haremaker & Comp" (Klaas Haremaker and associate), the first owners of the workshop.