Home / Tag workshop /

#872 Harenmakerij - Zaanse Schans (Holland)

20050916-01 Harenmakerij - Zaanse Schans (Holland).jpg Thumbnails

The house attached to the workshop dates from 1743. The lower part of the building used to be the workshop, in which the 'hairs' for the oil-mills were made. A 'hair' was a horse hair mat in a leather cover. The Haremaker family, named after the occupation, used to live in the house.

On the front of the house it mentions "Klaas Haremaker & Comp" (Klaas Haremaker and associate), the first owners of the workshop.

Matthijs van Wageningen
Rating score
no rate
Rate this photo

Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /var/www/localhost/bbclone/lib/new_connect.php on line 66