M7B2 Priest 105mm Self-Propelled Gun Howitzer at the Heeresgeschichtliches Museum (HGM) in Vienna (Austria)
The 105mm Howitzer Motor Carriage M7 was an American self-propelled artillery vehicle produced during World War II. It was given the official service name 105mm Self-Propelled Gun, "Priest" by the British Army, due to the pulpit-like machine gun ring, and following on from the Bishop and the contemporary Deacon self-propelled guns. A total of 3490 M7s - 4267 if including the M7B2 - were built and they proved to be reliable weapons, continuing to see service in the U.S. and allied armies well past World War II. This vehicle was acquired in 1974 by the Heeresgeschichtliches Museum (HGM) and stored outside in the "Tank Garden" (Panzergarten). Since 2016 a part of the collection moved into a new hall and the M7B2 was restored to running condition.
10. Oldtimertreffen im Arsenal "Auf Rädern & Ketten" vom 3. bis 5. Juni 2017 - Heeresgeschichtliches Museum
(10th Classic Car Meeting in the Arsenal "On Wheels & Tracks" from 3 to 5 June 2017 - Museum of Military History)
The Heeresgeschichtliches Museum (HGM) is a military history museum located in Vienna, Austria. It claims to be the oldest and largest purpose-built military history museum in the world. Its collection includes one of the world's largest collections of bronze cannons and focuses on Austrian military history from the 16th century to 1945. The "Tank Garden" (Panzergarten), located behind the museum building and usually open to the public from March to October, accommodates the most important combat vehicles of the Austrian Armed Forces from 1955 to the present, with the different types demonstrating the continuous advancement of tank weaponry. The first Austrian tank troops were equipped entirely with vehicles of the occupation powers, such as the M24 Chaffee, the Charioteer, the Centurion and the AMX-13. The museum is located in Vienna's Arsenal, in the Landstraße district, not far from the Belvedere palace.