155mm Self-Propelled Gun Howitzer ShKH Himalaya at the Heeresgeschichtliches Museum (HGM) in Vienna (Austria)
Zuzana 155mm Self-Propelled Gun Howitzer is a Slovak artillery system with a 45-caliber gun and automatic loader for loading of both projectile and charge. It is an evolution of the 152mm SpGH DANA Self-Propelled Gun Howitzer. The system has a long range, high accuracy and rate of fire, it can be prepared promptly for firing, and it has a high level of mobility ensured by a modified Tatra 8x8 chassis. The design of the gun means it can use any NATO standard 155mm ammunition available on the market. The fire control system allows for a Multiple-Round Simultaneous-Impact (MRSI) mode. One of the unique features of Zuzana is that the gun is mounted externally in between two totally separated compartments of the turret. This makes the crew inherently safe from any potentially dangerous mechanics of the gun and autoloader plus the crew is protected from the gases generated during firing. The 155mm ShKH Himalaya is the 1990's adaptation of the original system to a tracked chassis required by export customers. It is essentially a Zuzana turret mounted on a T-72 chassis. The tracked version so far did not achieve orders beyond initial evaluation units and further production is unlikely. The Himalaya was originally designed for the Indian Self-Propelled Gun Howitzer competition; it did not win that competition, but is still being shopped around, at arms shows and private showings.
10. Oldtimertreffen im Arsenal "Auf Rädern & Ketten" vom 3. bis 5. Juni 2017 - Heeresgeschichtliches Museum
(10th Classic Car Meeting in the Arsenal "On Wheels & Tracks" from 3 to 5 June 2017 - Museum of Military History)
The Heeresgeschichtliches Museum (HGM) is a military history museum located in Vienna, Austria. It claims to be the oldest and largest purpose-built military history museum in the world. Its collection includes one of the world's largest collections of bronze cannons and focuses on Austrian military history from the 16th century to 1945. The "Tank Garden" (Panzergarten), located behind the museum building and usually open to the public from March to October, accommodates the most important combat vehicles of the Austrian Armed Forces from 1955 to the present, with the different types demonstrating the continuous advancement of tank weaponry. The first Austrian tank troops were equipped entirely with vehicles of the occupation powers, such as the M24 Chaffee, the Charioteer, the Centurion and the AMX-13. The museum is located in Vienna's Arsenal, in the Landstraße district, not far from the Belvedere palace.