20170604-013 155mm Howitzer M1A2 (HGM) Vienna AT.jpg #7812 Allis-Chalmers M4 High-Speed Tractor (HGM) - Vienna (Austria)Thumbnails#7800 Ward LaFrance M1A1 Heavy Wrecker (HGM) - Vienna (Austria)
155mm Howitzer M1A2 at the Heeresgeschichtliches Museum (HGM) in Vienna (Austria)

The 155mm Howitzer M1, or rename M114 after 1962, was a US Army 'medium' artillery piece that began development in the 1930s and first saw action during World War II. The weapon was based around the 155mm gun barrel (M1 or M1A1 series) which sat atop a mounting that also supported the needed M6 series recoil mechanism. The gun barrel lacked a muzzle brake of any sort. The split trail carriage (M1A1 or M1A2 series) closed for transport and opened to support the firing process. The carriage also included a single axle that was double-tired with steel rims and rubber wheels. The system was typically crewed by as many as 11 personnel, including the unit commander, gun layer and ammunition handlers. A trained crew could emplace (make ready to fire) the unit in 5 minutes. 24 of these 155mm Howitzer M1A1/M1A2 served in the Austrian Armed Forces (Österreichisches Bundesheer or ÖBH) but were retired in 1995.

10. Oldtimertreffen im Arsenal "Auf Rädern & Ketten" vom 3. bis 5. Juni 2017 - Heeresgeschichtliches Museum
(10th Classic Car Meeting in the Arsenal "On Wheels & Tracks" from 3 to 5 June 2017 - Museum of Military History)

The Heeresgeschichtliches Museum (HGM) is a military history museum located in Vienna, Austria. It claims to be the oldest and largest purpose-built military history museum in the world. Its collection includes one of the world's largest collections of bronze cannons and focuses on Austrian military history from the 16th century to 1945. The "Tank Garden" (Panzergarten), located behind the museum building and usually open to the public from March to October, accommodates the most important combat vehicles of the Austrian Armed Forces from 1955 to the present, with the different types demonstrating the continuous advancement of tank weaponry. The first Austrian tank troops were equipped entirely with vehicles of the occupation powers, such as the M24 Chaffee, the Charioteer, the Centurion and the AMX-13. The museum is located in Vienna's Arsenal, in the Landstraße district, not far from the Belvedere palace.
Exif Metadata
Canon Canon EOS 7D Mark II
f/7.1
16 mm
1/30 s
100
0.7 EV
no, mode: supressed
Maker
Canon
Model
Canon EOS 7D Mark II
GPSLatitude
Array
GPSLongitude
Array
Date Time of Original
2017:06:04 09:56:08
Aperture Number
7.1
Exposure compensation
0.7 EV
Exposure Time
1/30 s
Flash
no, mode: supressed
ISO
100
Focal Length
16 mm
White Balancing
manual
Exposure Mode
auto
Exposure Metering Mode
pattern
Exposure Program
aperture priority