Percival P.66 Pembroke C.54 (D-CAKE) as used by the Flugzeug-Handelsgesellschaft Karlsruhe (FHGK) at the Technik Museum Sinsheim (Germany)
The Percival Pembroke is a British high-wing twin-engined light transport aircraft built by the Percival Aircraft Company, later Hunting Percival. Only 128 examples in different variants were build from 1952 to 1958. The Percival P.66 Pembroke C.54 was the export variant for West Germany. Originally operated from 1957 by the German Air Force (Luftwaffe) as 54+02, the Percival P.66 Pembroke C.54 retired in 1969 and was sold to the Flugzeug Handelsgesellschaft Karlsruhe. It was de-militarized and turned into civil condition as D-CAKE. It seems that it only had a couple of flights in this time. However since 1977 this Percival Pembroke has been grounded eventually due to technical reasons and was placed as gate guard somewhere near Karlsruhe. However in 1993 the Percival Pembroke was sold and transferred to the Technik Museum Sinsheim (Sinsheim Museum of Technology), still in the colour scheme as she flew in June 1970.
The Technik Museum Sinsheim (Sinsheim Museum of Technology) is a technology museum with a strong emphasis on motorized means of transport. It has been located in the town of Sinsheim (south-east of Heidelberg) in the German state of Baden-Württemberg since its opening in 1981. The two supersonic airliners Concorde and Tupolev Tu-144, which are standing together, are the most striking attraction, but the museum has several collections. The collection includes: aircraft, classic vintage cars, racing- and classic motorcycles, racy sports cars, Formula One legends, extensive militaria, mechanical, rarities and fashions. The museum was founded by car enthusiasts, with the entrepreneur Eberhard Layher as initiator. In addition, the museum also features an IMAX 3D cinema with state-of-the-art 4K technology and a 22x27 metre (about 72x88 ft) projection screen. The museum is connected to the Technik Museum Speyer (Speyer Museum of Technology) in the city of Speyer, which is 34 kilometres (21 mi) to the west.