#7013 Alfa Romeo 6C 2300 Aerodinamica Spider "Aerospider" (1937)
Alfa Romeo 6C 2300 Aerodinamica Spider "Aerospider" (1937) at the Technik Museum Sinsheim (Germany)
This elegant Alfa Romeo 6C 2300 Aerodinamica Spider was developed between 1934 and 1937 by Vittorio Jano (chief designer of Alfa Romeo) and brothers Gino and Oscar Jankovič (Jankovits in German), dealers of Alfa Romeo from Rijeka (today Croatia), which was then occupied by Italy. With its appearance and technical solution, this car, also called the "Aerospider", was ahead of its time. He had the engine in the middle in front of the rear axle, the driver was sitting in the middle of the car, the aerodynamic body was tested in a wind tunnel, the chassis had all wheels suspended independently, hydraulic clutch control and dual-circuit brakes. The original goal was to develop a race car, but at the end of 1937, Vittorio Jano had to end the project at the behest of Mussolini. The Jankovič brothers then converted the car into a touring car. After the war, Rijeka became part of Yugoslavia. At Christmas 1946, the Jankovič brothers fled from the communist regime to Trieste, using their car to cross the border, which was hit by several bullets. Because they had no money, they sold the car to an officer. In 1967, the car came to England and underwent renovations in Italy in the late 1990s.
Since 2014 it has been exhibited at the Technik Museum Sinsheim, Germany.
The Technik Museum Sinsheim (Sinsheim Museum of Technology) is a technology museum with a strong emphasis on motorized means of transport.
It has been located in the town of Sinsheim (south-east of Heidelberg) in the German state of Baden-Württemberg since its opening in 1981. The two supersonic airliners Concorde and Tupolev Tu-144, which are standing together, are the most striking attraction, but the museum has several collections. The collection includes: aircraft, classic vintage cars, racing- and classic motorcycles, racy sports cars, Formula One legends, extensive militaria, mechanical, rarities and fashions. The museum was founded by car enthusiasts, with the entrepreneur Eberhard Layher as initiator. In addition, the museum also features an IMAX 3D cinema with state-of-the-art 4K technology and a 22x27 metre (about 72x88 ft) projection screen. The museum is connected to the Technik Museum Speyer (Speyer Museum of Technology) in the city of Speyer, which is 34 kilometres (21 mi) to the west.