Aero L-29 Delfín (311) as used by the East German Air Force at the Luftwaffenmuseum, Berlin-Gatow (Germany)
311 & 338 flew from June 1965 to 17 November 1980 with the Jagdfliegerausbildungsgeschwader 25 (25th Fighter Training Squadron) at Bautzen.
The Aero L-29 Delfín (NATO reporting name: Maya) is a military jet trainer developed and manufactured by Czechoslovakian aviation manufacturer Aero Vodochody. It holds the distinction of being the nations' first locally designed and constructed jet aircraft, as well as likely being the biggest aircraft industrial programme to take place in any of the Council for Mutual Economic Assistance (COMECON) nations except Russia itself.
It made it's maiden flight in 1959. Production began April 1963 and continued for 11 years, with 3.500 eventually built.
The Luftwaffenmuseum, now known as the Militärhistorisches Museum (MHM) der Bundeswehr - Flugplatz Berlin-Gatow
(Bundeswehr Museum of Military History - Berlin-Gatow Airfield), is the Berlin branch of the Bundeswehr Military History Museum. The museum acts as an independent military department. Entrance to the museum is free. The museum is in Berlin at a former Luftwaffe and Royal Air Force (RAF) airfield, RAF Gatow. The focus is on military history, particularly the history of the post-war German Air Force. The museum has a collection of more than 200.000 items, including 155 aeroplanes, 5.000 uniforms and 30.000 books. There are also displays (including aeroplanes) on the history of the airfield when it was used by the RAF. Although there are also several helicopters and MiG fighters used during the Cold War by East German forces.