#3736 Oberlandesgericht (Higher Regional Court) - Dresden (Germany)
The Oberlandesgericht (Higher Regional Court) Dresden is the highest court in civil and criminal law in Saxony. It was established on 1 January 1993 and was located initially at the courthouse at Sachsenplatz, since 2001, it is located in the Saxon House of the Estates (Ständehaus) on the edge of Dresden's historic quarter. The House of the Estates was built 1901-1906 by the German architect Johann Paul Wallot. From 1907 to 1934 it was the seat of the Saxon Parliament (Sächsischen Landtages). In 1945 it is burned by a bomb attack and in 1946 a simplified reconstruction was carried out. Between 1996 and 2001 the building was extensively renovated. Since 2001 the Higher Regional Court (OLG or Oberlandesgericht) Dresden is located in the House of the Estates.
On the left the staircase with four sculptures (The Four Times of Day) leads from the Schloßplatz up to the Brühl's Terrace (Brühlsche Terrasse) and is a historic architectural ensemble in Dresden, Germany. Nicknamed "The Balcony of Europe", the terrace stretches high above the shore of the river Elbe in a city which is quite large as measured by area relative to its half a million inhabitants.
- Matthijs van Wageningen
- Created on
- Monday 1 June 2015
- Brühl's Terrace, Brühlsche Terrasse, building, Castle Square, courthouse, Dresden, Germany, Higher Regional Court, holiday, House of the Estates, Johann Paul Wallot, Oberlandesgericht, OLG, Schloßplatz, Ständehaus, The Balcony of Europe
- Rating score
- no rate
- Rate this photo