Electric Locomotive (E 04 01) from the DB Museum (German Railway Museum) at Leipzig Hbf (Germany)
The Electric Locomotives of the Baureihe E 04 (Class E 04, from 1968 Baureihe 104 for the "Deutsche Bundesbahn" or German Federal Railway and from 1970 Baureihe 204 for the "Deutsche Reichsbahn" or German Reich Railway) were originally developed for passenger transport in central Germany. There they had to replace locomotives of the Baureihe E 17 (Class E 17) in demand of a higher power that were needed for the electrified railway between Munich and Stuttgart in southern Germany. The first electric locomotives were put into service in 1933 by the Deutsche Reichsbahn (DRG, also known as the German Reich Railway or the German Imperial Railway). The last of the Baureihe E 04 were taken out of service in 1982.
The E 04 01 (from 1970 called 204 001-2) was built in 1932 by AEG (Allgemeine Elektricitäts-Gesellschaft) with Factory No 4681.
This Electric Locomotives is currently owned by the DB Museum (German Railway Museum) in Nürnberg.
- Matthijs van Wageningen
- Created on
- Sunday 31 May 2015
- 204 001-2, AEG, Allgemeine Elektricitäts-Gesellschaft, Baureihe 104, Baureihe 204, Baureihe E 04, Class E 04, DB Museum, Deutsche Bundesbahn, Deutsche Reichsbahn, DRG, E 04 01, Electric Locomotive, German Federal Railway, German Railway Museum, German Reich Railway, Germany, Hbf, holiday, Leipzig, Leipzig Hauptbahnhof, train
- Rating score
- no rate
- Rate this photo