View from City-Hochhaus (former UNI) to the Peterskirche (St. Peter's Church) and Cospudener See (far end) in Germany.
The Peterskirche (St. Peter's Church), built 1882–1885, represents an outstanding neo-Gothic structure in Saxony, and one of the most excellent symbols of the historicism found throughout the German-speaking area. In terms of enclosed space, it is Leipzig’s biggest church with the tallest tower found in the city (88 meters or 289 ft) that dominates the skyline of the southern suburb of Leipzig. A hall church, the Peterskirche follows German tradition, but it also refers to the Gothic style typical in French cathedrals. The church was damaged during the bombing of Leipzig
in World War II; its roof was largely destroyed and was left unrepaired for several years.
Restoration was performed during the 1970s and again in the 1990s and 2000s.
The Cospudener See (sometimes translated as Lake Cospuden) is a lake situated south of Leipzig. It is on the site of a former open cast mine.
The lake has become highly popular with the local population, with long stretches of sand beaches (some clothing-optional, following the
East German tradition of public nude bathing) and with a sauna directly located at the lake. There is also a small sailing harbour.
City-Hochhaus is 36-storey skyscraper in Leipzig, Germany. At 142 metres (466 ft), it is the tallest multistory building in Leipzig.
City-Hochhaus was originally part of the University of Leipzig campus at Augustusplatz, was sold by the state government of Saxony and is now owned by the United States investment bank "Merrill Lynch". The offices are now rented to private tenants including the public broadcaster MDR,
the European Energy Exchange and the Panorama restaurant. The roof is equipped with a viewing platform from were this photo was taken.