20150531-057 View from City-Hochhaus (UNI) - Leipzig (Germany).jpg #3173 View from City-Hochhaus (UNI) - Leipzig (Germany)Thumbnails#3171 View from City-Hochhaus (UNI) - Leipzig (Germany)
View from City-Hochhaus (former UNI) to left the new Provost Church St. Trinitatis and right the New Town Hall in Leipzig, Germany.

Considerable structural damage to the old Provost Church in Leipzig made the construction of a new church inevitable.
The new Propsteikirche (Provost Church) St. Trinitatis is a Roman Catholic church in the city center of Leipzig. The church is situated opposite the Neues Rathaus (New Town Hall), at the Nonnenmühlgasse 2. The foundation stone for the church was laid on 27 April 2013 and in 2014 the structural work was completed. On 9 May 2015 the Church was ordained by Bishop Heiner Koch with a special service and publicly broadcasted by MDR (Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk). The Trinitatiskirche (Trinity Church) is the largest new church building in eastern Germany since the fall of the Wall. It costs about 15 million Euro. The church was built with reinforced concrete. As with many important buildings in Leipzig, the façade of the new Provost Church will remain true to tradition and be constructed with Rochlitz porphyry tuff – a natural stone from the region.
The Saxon kings allowed this tuff to be used for their prestigious buildings; and centuries later it still characterises
the appearance of the buildings with its reddish colouration.

The monumental "Neues Rathaus" (New Town Hall) is on Burgplatz, the site of the old Pleißenburg. The moto on the gable,
"Arx nova surrexit" (A new castle has arisen) is an indirect reference to the old castle. The enormous, yet harmonious building was built from 1899-1905. It was designed by the German architect Hugo Georg Licht, the leading Leipzig architect and city planner, and involved the participation of numerous other artists. The building which unites Renaissance, baroque and even Jungendstil (Art Nouveau) elements, has a floor area of approximately 10.000 square metre and almost 600 rooms. The entire complex is impressively crowned by a 115 metres (377 ft) high tower with a cupola several storeys high located in the middle of the building. Recently renovated, the town hall is again resplendent in the beautiful light grey of its Rottenbacher Muschelkalk stone, which is quarried near Würzburg.

City-Hochhaus is 36-storey skyscraper in Leipzig, Germany. At 142 metres (466 ft), it is the tallest multistory building in Leipzig.
City-Hochhaus was originally part of the University of Leipzig campus at Augustusplatz, was sold by the state government of Saxony and is now owned by the United States investment bank "Merrill Lynch". The offices are now rented to private tenants including the public broadcaster MDR,
the European Energy Exchange and the Panorama restaurant. The roof is equipped with a viewing platform from were this photo was taken.
Exif Metadata
Canon Canon EOS 30D
f/14
31 mm
1/400 s
400
0.0 EV
no, mode: supressed
Maker
Canon
Model
Canon EOS 30D
Date Time of Original
2015:05:31 11:32:07
Aperture Number
14
Exposure compensation
0.0 EV
Exposure Time
1/400 s
Flash
no, mode: supressed
ISO
400
Focal Length
31 mm
White Balancing
auto
Exposure Mode
auto
Exposure Metering Mode
pattern
Exposure Program
normal