View from City-Hochhaus (former UNI) to the "Bayerischer Bahnhof" (Bavarian Station) and the S-Bahn (meaning "city rapid railway") in Germany.
The "Bayerischer Bahnhof" (Bavarian Station) is Germany's oldest preserved railway station, located in Leipzig, Germany.
The station first opened in 1842 for the Leipzig–Hof railway by the Saxon-Bavarian Railway Company (Sächsisch-Baierschen Eisenbahn-Compagnie), later taken over by the Royal Saxon State Railways (Königlich Sächsische Staatseisenbahnen) and operated as the Saxon-Bavarian State Railway (Sächsisch-Bayerische Staatseisenbahn). The station was closed in 2001 for the construction of the Leipzig City Tunnel. It was re-opened
15 December 2013 after the completion of the tunnel. Since then it is integrated into S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland system.
The new station is built directly underneath the site of the former station.
The 170 metre high chimney belonged until 1996 to the heat and power plant (Stadtwerke, former Gaswerke) south of Leipzig, Germany.
From July to September 2005 it was converted to a DVB-T transmission tower and received a 20 metre antenna mast in October 2005.
City-Hochhaus is 36-storey skyscraper in Leipzig, Germany. At 142 metres (466 ft), it is the tallest multistory building in Leipzig.
City-Hochhaus was originally part of the University of Leipzig campus at Augustusplatz, was sold by the state government of Saxony and is now owned by the United States investment bank "Merrill Lynch". The offices are now rented to private tenants including the public broadcaster MDR,
the European Energy Exchange and the Panorama restaurant. The roof is equipped with a viewing platform from were this photo was taken.