Bell UH-1H Iroquois (G-HUEY / 560) from G-HUEY Partnership at the Royal Netherlands Air Force Open Days 2008, Leeuwarden (the Netherlands)
The G-HUEY Partnership owns and operates the ex-Argentinian Army UH-1H Huey AE-413. It was captured at the Falklands amongst other aircraft. After hostilities it was used as a support vehicle ferrying supplies and troops but was painted white with red crosses and a yellow band showing UK to stop it being shot down by UK Forces. When most UK Forces left the Falklands it was managed to get a spot on a ship returning to the United Kingdom. When the "AE" arrived in the UK the Royal Navy showed the aircraft as a trophy at many airshows as a static exhibit.
The Bell UH-1 Iroquois (unofficially Huey) is a military helicopter powered by a single turboshaft engine, with two-bladed main and tail rotors.
The helicopter was developed by Bell Helicopter to meet the United States Army's requirement for a medical evacuation and utility helicopter in 1952, and it first flew on 20 October 1956. Ordered into production in March 1960, the UH-1 was the first turbine-powered helicopter to enter production for the United States military, and more than 16.000 have been produced worldwide. The first combat operation of the UH-1 was in the service of the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War. The original designation of HU-1 led to the helicopter's nickname of Huey. In September 1962, the designation was changed to UH-1, but "Huey" remained in common use. Approximately 7000 UH-1 aircraft saw service in Vietnam.