The "Bayerischer Bahnhof" (Bavarian Station) is Germany's oldest preserved railway station, located in Leipzig, Germany.
The station first opened in 1842 for the Leipzig–Hof railway by the Saxon-Bavarian Railway Company (Sächsisch-Baierschen Eisenbahn-Compagnie), later taken over by the Royal Saxon State Railways (Königlich Sächsische Staatseisenbahnen) and operated as the Saxon-Bavarian State Railway (Sächsisch-Bayerische Staatseisenbahn). The station was closed in 2001 for the construction of the Leipzig City Tunnel. It was re-opened
15 December 2013 after the completion of the tunnel. Since then it is integrated into S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland system.
The new station is built directly underneath the site of the former station.
Inscription on the front of the building: "SÆCHS. BAYERSCHE STAATS-EISENBAHN" (Saxon-Bavarian State Railway)