Probably the best known feature of the Zwinger is the "Kronentor" or Crown Gate, an impressive Baroque gate in the Langgalerie, on the southeast side of the Zwinger. The gate is topped by a large crown decorated with gilded motifs. The statues in the gate's niches represent the four seasons.
The Zwinger (Dresdner Zwinger) is a palace in Dresden, eastern Germany, and served as the orangery, exhibition gallery and festival arena of the Dresden Court. The complex was built between 1710 and 1732 after a design by Matthäus Daniel Pöppelmann in collaboration with sculptor Balthasar Permoser. The Zwinger includes six pavilions connected by large galleries. The most impressive pavilions are the
"Rampart Pavillon" (Wall Pavilion) and the "Glockenspiel Pavillon" (Carillon Pavilion). Today, the Zwinger is a museum complex that contains
the "Gemäldegalerie Alte Meister" (Old Masters Picture Gallery), the "Porzellansammlung" (Dresden Porcelain Collection) and
the "Mathematisch-Physikalischer Salon" (Royal Cabinet of Mathematical and Physical Instruments).