The Dresden Academy of Fine Arts (Hochschule für Bildende Künste Dresden, often abbreviated HfBK Dresden or simply HfBK) is a vocational university of visual arts located in Dresden, Germany. The present institution is the product of a merger between the famous Dresden Art Academy, founded in 1764, the workplace and training ground of a number of influential European artists, and another well-established local art school, Hochschule für Werkkunst Dresden, after World War II. One of three buildings of today's Dresden Academy of Fine Arts, the former Royal Academy of Arts ("Staatliche Akademie der bildenden Kuenste"), built between 1887 and 1894 by the German architect Johannes Wilhelm Constantin Lipsius, is located at a prominent position in town on Brühl's Terrace (Brühlsche Terrasse) just next to the Frauenkirche. Since 1991 the building and the glass dome (which is also known as Lemon Squeezer due to its form), has been heavily renovated and the parts that were destroyed during World War II were reconstructed. The studios for painting/graphic arts/sculpture/other artistic media, the graphic workshops, the rector's office and the exhibition rooms of the Academy, which house the annual graduation exhibitions of the graduates, are located on Brühl's Terrace.