20050710-046 Katholische Hofkirche (Dresden Cathedral) - Dresden (Germany).jpg #1754 Statue King Johann of Saxony - Dresden (Germany)Thumbnails#1752 Statue King Johann of Saxony - Dresden (Germany)
Dresden Cathedral, or the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, Dresden, previously the Catholic Church of the Royal Court of Saxony,
called in German "Katholische Hofkirche" and since 1980 also known as "Kathedrale Sanctissimae Trinitatis", is the Roman Catholic Cathedral
of Dresden. Always the most important Catholic church of the city, it was elevated to the status of cathedral of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dresden-Meissen in 1964. It is located near the Elbe River in the historic center of Dresden, Germany. It was designed by architect Gaetano Chiaveri from 1738 to 1751. The church was commissioned by Frederick Augustus II, Elector of Saxony and King of Poland while the Protestant city of Dresden built the Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady) between 1726 and 1743. The Elector decided that a Catholic church was needed in order to counterbalance the Protestant Frauenkirche. The church was badly damaged during the bombing of Dresden of the Second World War and was restored during the mid-1980s by the East German government. Today it is the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dresden-Meissen.
Exif Metadata
OLYMPUS CORPORATION C770UZ
f/4
6 mm
1/800 s
64
0.0 EV
no, mode: supressed
Maker
OLYMPUS CORPORATION
Model
C770UZ
Date Time of Original
2005:07:10 13:55:52
Aperture Number
4
Exposure compensation
0.0 EV
Exposure Time
1/800 s
Flash
no, mode: supressed
ISO
64
Focal Length
6 mm
White Balancing
auto
Exposure Mode
auto
Exposure Metering Mode
pattern
Exposure Program
creative
Light Source
unknown
Contrast
normal
Saturation
normal
Sharpness
normal