The 105 mm Howitzer Motor Carriage M7 was an American self-propelled artillery vehicle produced during World War II. It was given the official service name 105 mm Self Propelled Gun, "Priest" by the British Army, due to the pulpit-like machine gun ring, and following on from the Bishop and the contemporary Deacon self-propelled guns. A total of 3490 M7s - 4267 if including the M7B2 - were built and they proved to be reliable weapons, continuing to see service in the U.S. and allied armies well past World War II.
The Heeresgeschichtliches Museum (HGM) is a military history museum located in Vienna, Austria. It claims to be the oldest and largest purpose-built military history museum in the world. Its collection includes one of the world's largest collections of bronze cannons and focuses on Austrian military history from the 16th century to 1945. The museum is located in Vienna's Arsenal, in the Landstraße district, not far from the Belvedere palace.
- Matthijs van Wageningen
- Created on
- Saturday 2 July 2005
- 111, American, Arsenal, Austria, Heeresgeschichtliches Museum, HGM, holiday, Howitzer, M7, military, museum, Museum of Military History, Panzergarten, Priest, Self-Propelled Gun, SPG, tank, Vienna, Wien
- Rating score
- 4.79 (1 rate)
- Rate this photo