Home /

#1413 Saurer APC (HGM) - Vienna (Austria)

20050702-025 Saurer APC (HGM) - Vienna (Austria).jpg #1414 M41 Walker Bulldog Light Tank (HGM) - Vienna (Austria)Thumbnails#1412 M24 Chaffee Light Tank (HGM) - Vienna (Austria)

The Saurer 4K 4FA is an Austrian Armoured Personnel Carrier or APC with caterpillar tracks. It was later replaced by the Steyr 4K 7FA G 127. It went into production in 1961. In 1956, Österreichische Saurer-Werke of Vienna (which was taken over by Steyr-Daimler-Puch AG in 1970) started development of an Armoured Personnel Carrier. The first prototype, the 3K 3H, was completed in 1958 and the second, the 4K 3H, the following year. They are both powered by a Saurer 3H 200 hp diesel engine. A total of 445 production vehicles was delivered to the Austrian Army.

The Heeresgeschichtliches Museum (HGM) is a military history museum located in Vienna, Austria. It claims to be the oldest and largest purpose-built military history museum in the world. Its collection includes one of the world's largest collections of bronze cannons and focuses on Austrian military history from the 16th century to 1945. The museum is located in Vienna's Arsenal, in the Landstraße district, not far from the Belvedere palace.