Russian Tall Ship STS "Kruzenshtern" (Крузенштерн) at the Sail In parade
from IJmuiden to Amsterdam (North Sea Canal), Sail Amsterdam 2010 (Holland)
The STS "Kruzenshtern" (Крузенштерн) is a four-masted barque and tall ship that was built in 1926 at Geestemünde in Bremerhaven (Germany) as the "Padua" (named after the Italian city). She was surrendered to the USSR in 1946 as war reparation and renamed after the early 19th century Baltic German explorer in Russian service, Adam Johann Krusenstern (1770–1846). She is now a Russian Navy Sail Training Ship.