Home / Tag B-37 /

#2850 RNLAF - Bölkow BO-105CB (B-37)

20080528-58 RNLAF - Bölkow BO-105CB (B-37) Military Aviation Museum NL.jpg Thumbnails

Bölkow BO-105CB (B-37) as used by the "Koninklijke Luchtmacht" (RNLAF) at the Military Aviation Museum, Kamp Zeist (the Netherlands)

The MBB (Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm) BO-105 is a light, twin-engine, multi-purpose helicopter developed by Bölkow of Ottobrunn, Germany.
It featured a revolutionary hingeless rotor system, at that time a pioneering innovation in helicopters when it was introduced into service in 1970. Production of the BO-105 began at the then recently merged Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm (MBB). The main production facilities for producing the BO-105 were located in Germany and Canada; due to the level of export sales encountered, additional manufacturing lines were set up in Spain, Indonesia, and the Philippines. MBB became part of Eurocopter (now Airbus Helicopters) in 1991. Production ended in 2001,
due to the BO-105 being superseded by the more modern Eurocopter EC-135, after 1406 machines had been built.
The BO-105CB is a Light Observation and Utility Transport version. Developed in 1976 and equipped with
two Allison 250-C20B turbine engines of which 30 were delivered to The Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF).


Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /var/www/localhost/bbclone/lib/new_connect.php on line 66