The Water Tower (Wasserturm) with on the left the Beucha Church at Beucha, a district of Brandis in the east of Leipzig (Germany)
The Water Tower (Wasserturm) of Beucha is located near the church of this small village. The construction began in 1911 and it was finished in 1913. On a square base with a large gate, the octagonal tower shaft is built. The total height of the tower is about 27 metres (89 ft). A cast iron spiral staircase leads to the upper floor with the water tank. This is an open top steel cylinder with suspended floor. The tank has a volume of approximately 100 square meters (232 square feet). The functioning of the water tower was probably halted in the mid-1950s, because a tank with a higher capacity was built on the Kohlenberg (a hill) in Brandis. Since the water tower was no longer needed for water supply, the building was transferred in 1991 to the municipality and now belongs to the city of Brandis. In 2000 a mobile base station was installed in the tower.